The terrifically talented team at The Charlotte Wedding Company have the creative flair you are craving to make your holiday wedding a memorable time. Delicious catering options, stunning centerpieces, mood lighting and attention to detail all combine with unique table settings and eye-catching photo opportunities. Bring in your favorite Pinterest inspiration or your notes scribbled on a napkin and watch the magic unfold. Working with an experienced crew that knows the ins and outs of throwing an unforgettable event ensures your special day will be all you dreamed of. Check out the following fun and inspiring ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
Unique Holiday Party Theme: Holidays at the Lodge
Start the holiday season off by transporting everyone to a rustic lodge.
- Menu: The lodge will likely have a variety of foods to offer, namely gamey meats and hearty sides. If venison, veal or turkey isn’t your style, then consider a variety of warming soups and stews. Desserts are also a favorite at the lodge. Roasted marshmallows on s’mores are a classic treat, and you cannot forget the hot chocolate bar. Maybe even provide some Bailey’s for the adults.
- Décor: Think elements of the forest, like pine trees and pinecones.
- Colors: White and green, perhaps with some hints of navy blue, can really transport guests to the lodge.
- Activities: Guests would enjoy having games and activities for the evening entertainment. If you have an emcee, ask him or her to wrangle the crowd for a group game.
- Drinks: Having hot chocolate in a cozy lodge sounds about right. Don’t forget to include options like Bailey’s, Kahlua, rum and of course toppings like marshmallows, chocolate stir sticks and candy canes.
Unique Holiday Party Theme: Old Hollywood Movies
Miracle on 34th Street, It’s a Wonderful Life, Babes in Toyland, Scrooge…the black and white holiday movie era is a beautiful way to celebrate the holiday season. These classic old Hollywood cinematic wonders will put even the biggest Grinch in the holiday spirit.
- Menu: Classic dishes, such as anything poultry, are great features for your Old Hollywood themed holiday menu. Pair your dishes with a roasted potato, plenty of vegetable-based sides and some kind of grand dessert, like over-the-top pumpkin pie, delicious apple tarts or individual mousse cups.
- Entertaining Décor: You can really do something with a black and white theme. Keep many of the walls white so that you can project your favorite Old Hollywood holiday movies onto the walls—no sound is needed. In fact, guests might just have a ball watching their favorite scenes as they roam around the venue.
- Colors: As previously mentioned…black and white is the best nod toward the old classics.
- Drinks: Classic cocktails will only enhance the classic dishes served at your holiday party. Stick with traditional: gin and tonic, Bellini and martini.
- Music: Music from the 20s, 30s and 40s are all fair game. See more at Tasty Catering
Your wedding reception meal can be even more fun and delicious when you are working with the best — and Table Decor is Charlotte’s top wedding and event provider. We can help you find a venue, book your musical entertainment (a live band, soloist or DJ), handle bar services, tables and chairs, your wedding cake, the catering and more. Our expert staff can decorate according to your vision. We are completely flexible and have a stellar portfolio of past events we are happy to share if you need some inspiration.
Everyone loves holiday food, which is why some couples opt to build their wedding theme around it. Here are some scrumptious suggestions to mull over.
Christmas Around the World Menu Ideas
The food will be an easy and important way for you to incorporate other cultures’ holiday traditions into your event. Choose your favorites and put together a Julbord, the Swedish term for the entire spread on a Christmas table each year.
Some suggestions include:
- Christmas ham with mustard (Finland)
- Pickled herring (Scandinavia)
- Fish soup (Hungary)
- Hamborgarhryggur, or cured pork roast (Iceland)
- 12 dish Christmas Eve dinner (Lithuania)
- Pavo, or stuffed turkey (Mexico)
- Carp (Poland)
- Cabrito assado, or roasted goat (Portugal)
- Cured ham (Spain)
- Lutfisk, or boiled white fish (Sweden)
- Stuffing or dressing (USA)
- Fried chicken (Japan)
Christmas Around the World Party Dessert Ideas
Designate a special table for your around-the-world Christmas party desserts. Or, if this is an office holiday party, designate each guest table as one particular country and place the desserts traditionally from that country on those tables after the entrees.
- Pumpkin and walnut pie (Albania)
- Eggnog (Canada and USA)
- Natillas, or custard (Hispania)
- Buneulos, or friend dough balls (Colombia and Central America)
- Thirteen desserts (France)
- Pfefferkuchenhaus, or decorated gingerbread houses (Germany)
- Allahabadi cake, rum fruit cake (India)
- Julegrot, or rice pudding with an almond (Scandinavia)
- Puto bumbong, or a sweet rice dessert (Philippines)
- Chocolate yule log (UK)
- Crema de vie, or Cuban eggnog (Cuba)
- Turron, or custard dish (Spain) Additional details at Tasty Catering
Book Your Wedding With the Pros
Table Decor and More can incorporate any of the preceding ideas and much more into your ceremony and reception. We handle every detail of your special day so you can totally relax and enjoy yourself rather than stressing over the details.
Contact The Charlotte Wedding Company today to learn more about our all-inclusive wedding packages. Call us at 704-201-5285 or use the contact form on the homepage to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to hearing from you.